Here are six different free printable gift tags for you to download. Each design will print multiple times onto a sheet of A4 or letter size paper.
More Free Printable Gift Packaging
These gift tags can be used to create your own unique tags. When I first created these tags, I had envisaged people decorating them with rubber stamps – however another quick way to make your own custom gift tag is to use these templates to cute gift tags from decorative paper, for example scrapbook paper.
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter! Be the first to know of new freebies and other fun things! SIGN UP HERE 🙂
Download Free Printable Gift Tag Templates6 Tags
Ideas for Creating Your Own Gift Tags
Here are some ideas for using our free printable gift tag templates to create your own unique tags:
- Ink Edges: Coloring the edges of the tag with ink can add visual interest. You can use an ink pad or a marker pen to achieve this effect. Consider using metallic or contrasting colors to make the edges stand out.
- Decoupage: Decoupaging the tag is a great way to add texture and personality. Cut out small images or patterns from decorative paper, napkins, or magazines. Apply a thin layer of decoupage glue to the tag, carefully place the cutouts, and then apply another layer of glue on top. This will create a layered and artistic effect.
- Rubber Stamps: Decorating the tag with rubber stamps allows you to add intricate designs and patterns. Choose stamps that match the theme or occasion of the gift. Experiment with different ink colors and placement to create unique designs.
- Lace Doily Effect: Cutting out a doily and sticking it onto the tag can add a delicate and lace-like effect. You can either use a paper doily or cut out a lace pattern from cardstock or decorative paper. Attach it to the tag using glue or double-sided tape. Consider embellishing the doily further with small pearls, gems, or glitter.
- Embossing: Embossing adds a raised and textured design to your gift tags. You’ll need an embossing heat tool, embossing powder, and rubber stamps or stencils. Stamp or apply the embossing ink onto the tag, sprinkle embossing powder over it, tap off the excess, and then use the heat tool to melt and set the powder. This technique can create an elegant and professional look.
- Handwritten Messages: Instead of printing or typing the gift recipient’s name, write it by hand using calligraphy pens or markers. This personal touch adds warmth and shows your effort and care.
- Embellishments: Add small decorative elements like ribbons, twine, buttons, bows, or small charms to enhance the overall look of the tag. These embellishments can be attached using glue, adhesive dots, or by punching a small hole and threading them through.
- Watercolor or Marker Art: If you enjoy painting or drawing, use watercolors or markers to create unique and colorful designs on your tags. Experiment with different techniques, gradients, and patterns to make each tag one-of-a-kind.