These free easy-cut printable letters are a versatile addition to your crafting kit, classroom letter of the week project, home decor or anywhere else you need a printable letter or alphabet! These letters have straight and simple lines, where possible, to make them easy to cut from paper or cardstock and use for crafts or classroom use, for example for letter of the week projects.
If you are a teacher, be sure to check out our list of suggested ways you can use these templates in your classroom below.
More Easy Cut Letters HERE
You will find these blank letters are ideal for downloading and decorating by hand. Alternatively, you could print them onto colored or decorative paper for a quick finish!
Don’t forget to sign up to our free printables newsletter! Be the first to know of new freebies and other fun things! SIGN UP HERE 🙂Easy Cut Letter Template
Alphabet only (with straight lines for easy cutting) – perfect for kids and letter of the week projects.
Ideas on How to Use These Easy To Cut Out Letter Templates in the Classroom
Our easy to cut out letters could be great for teachers to use in many different ways. Here are ideas you could try out.
- Letter Recognition: Introduce younger students to the alphabet by providing them with the templates for each letter. Encourage them to cut out and decorate the letters while reinforcing their recognition of the alphabet.
- Spelling Practice: Create individual letter cards or templates for each letter of the alphabet. Students can use these to spell out words, building their spelling skills in a hands-on way.
- Name Puzzles: Print out letters to spell each student’s name. Have them cut out the letters and rearrange them to create a puzzle of their name. This activity helps with name recognition and letter sequencing.
- Letter Collages: Provide magazines, newspapers, and colored paper, along with the letter templates. Students can cut out pictures of objects that start with each letter and create collages for each letter of the alphabet.
- Interactive Word Wall: Use the letter templates to create an interactive word wall. Have students cut out pictures or write words that begin with each letter and attach them to the corresponding letter template on the wall.
- Alphabet Book: Create an alphabet book with your students. Each student can be assigned a letter, and they have to come up with words or draw pictures that start with that letter on their respective templates.
- Letter Bingo: Print out multiple copies of the letter templates and create bingo cards. Call out letter sounds or show pictures of objects, and students can mark the corresponding letters on their bingo cards.
- Storytelling: Create a storytelling activity where students cut out letters and use them to create sentences or short stories on a board or a big sheet of paper.
- Scavenger Hunt: Hide the letter templates around the classroom or outdoor area. Students have to find the letters and arrange them in alphabetical order.
- Letter Tracing: Laminate the letter templates or place them in clear plastic sleeves. Students can practice letter formation by tracing the letters with dry-erase markers.
- Letter Sorting: Print out several different letters on separate templates and have students sort them into different categories (e.g., vowels and consonants, tall and short letters).
- Letter Puppets: Students can decorate the letter templates and attach them to popsicle sticks or straws to create letter puppets for storytelling or dramatic play.
More Letters and Numbers to Download
We have a LOT more free letters and numbers for you to download. Check them out below 🙂